Revenues for the fourth quarter increased 17% year over year to $35.7 million; Non-GAAP operating income increased 13% to $5.1 million
Or Yehuda, Israel, February 13, 2013 – Magic Software Enterprises Ltd. (NASDAQ and TASE: MGIC), a global provider of mobile and cloud-enabled application and business integration platforms, announced today its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012.
Financial Highlights for the Fourth Quarter, 2012
- Revenues for the fourth quarter increased 17% year over year to $35.7 million from $30.5 million.
- Non-GAAP operating income increased 13% to $5.1 million, compared to $4.5 million in the same period last year; Operating income for the fourth quarter increased 2% to $4.3 million, compared to $4.2 million in the same period last year.
- Non-GAAP net income increased 9% to $5.1 million, compared to $4.7 million in the same period last year; Net income for the fourth quarter decreased 3% to $4.3 million compared to $4.4 million in the same period last year. The decrease was mainly attributable to tax expenses recorded with respect to the utilization of deferred tax assets.
Financial Highlights for the Full Year Ended December 31, 2012
- Revenues for the year ended December 31, 2012, reached $126.4 million, an increase of 12%, compared to $113.3 million in 2011.
- Non-GAAP operating income for the year increased 29% to $18.6 million, compared to $14.5 million in the same period last year; Operating income for the year ended December 31, 2012, increased 11% to $16.4 million compared to $14.7 million in the same period last year.
- Non-GAAP net income for the year increased 24% to $18.3 million, compared to $14.8 million in the same period last year; Net income for the year ended December 31, 2012, increased 8% to $16.2 million compared to $15.0 million in the same period last year.
- Total cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments as of December 31, 2012, amounted to $38.8 million, with zero debt (after a cash dividend of $3.7 million paid during the fourth quarter).
- Operating cash flow for the year ended December 31, 2012 totaled $18 million.
- For the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012, total revenues were $35.7 million, with net income of $4.3 million, or $0.12 per fully diluted share. This compares with revenues of $30.5 million and net income of $4.4 million, or $0.12 per fully diluted share for the same period last year.
- For the fourth quarter of 2012, operating income was $4.3 million. This compares to operating income of $4.2 million for the same period a year ago.
- For the year ended December 31, 2012, total revenues were $126.4 million, with net income of $16.2 million, or $0.44 per fully diluted share. This compares with revenues of $113.3 million and net income of $15.0 million, or $0.41 per fully diluted share, for the same period last year.
- Operating income for the year ended December 31, 2012, was $16.4 million. This compares to operating income of $14.7 million for the same period a year ago.
Comments of Management
Guy Bernstein, Chief Executive Officer of Magic Software Enterprises, said, “2012 was an excellent year for Magic, with strong performance across our products and professional services in all regions.
“We are proud to be continuing to produce record-breaking financial results for our shareholders and that our strong cash position has enabled us to continue to make important growth investments in our product portfolio.
“We believe we are well-positioned to continue our growth track in 2013 with our powerful and versatile enterprise-grade application development and integration solutions that enable enterprise mobility, enhance productivity and increase profitability. We are further enhancing our offerings by strengthening our relationships with partners and vendors in the enterprise mobility and enterprise software ecosystems, like Samsung, SAP, Salesforce.com, Oracle JDE, IBM and Microsoft SharePoint,” added Bernstein.
Non-GAAP Financial Measures
This release includes non-GAAP operating income, net income, basic and diluted earnings per share and other non-GAAP financial measures. These non-GAAP measures exclude the following items:
- Amortization of purchased intangible assets
- In-process research and development capitalization and amortization
- Equity-based compensation expense
- And the related tax effects of the above items
Magic Software’s management believes that the presentation of non-GAAP measures provides useful information to investors and management regarding financial and business trends relating to the Company’s financial condition and results of operations as well as the net amount of cash generated by its business operations after taking into account capital spending required to maintain or expand the business.
These non-GAAP financial measures are not in accordance with, or an alternative for, generally accepted accounting principles and may be different from non-GAAP financial measures used by other companies. In addition, these non-GAAP financial measures are not based on any comprehensive set of accounting rules or principles. Magic Software believes that non-GAAP financial measures have limitations in that they do not reflect all of the amounts associated with Magic Software’s results of operations as determined in accordance with GAAP and that these measures should only be used to evaluate Magic Software’s results of operations in conjunction with the corresponding GAAP measures.
Refer to the Reconciliation of Selected Financial Metrics from GAAP to Non-GAAP tables below.
About Magic Software Enterprises
Magic Software Enterprises Ltd. (NASDAQ and TASE: MGIC) is a global provider of mobile and cloud-enabled application and business integration platforms.
For more information, visit www.magicsoftware.com.
Tania Amar, VP Global Marketing
Magic Software Enterprises
Tel: +972 (0)3 538 9300
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters discussed in this news release include forward-looking statements that may involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Actual results may vary significantly based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, risks in product and technology development, market acceptance of new products and continuing product conditions, both here and abroad, release and sales of new products by strategic resellers and customers, and other risk factors detailed in the Company's most recent annual report and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These forward-looking statements are made only as of the date hereof, and the Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Magic is a registered trademark of Magic Software Enterprises Ltd. All other product and company names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and are the property of, and might be trademarks of, their respective owners.